Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Here are a few of my favorite things!

Today is such a glorious day here in Halifax and I wanted to share just a few of my favorite things!

1. This is the absolute best lipstick out there, I promise! It has amazing staying power and there is a great selection of colors!
2. Now being always the thrifty one, I like to make my own body scrub. This is the best recipe I've found, compliments of Condo-blues blogspot. This scrub leaves your skin feeling soft and supple.


Basic Sugar Scrub Recipe

All of my sugar scrubs are based on this basic recipe. The key is to make the scrub in small batches and use it fairly quickly because it doesn’t have any preservatives in the mix.

Ingredients
An empty jar with a lid (a small jelly or condiment jar works great for this project)
1 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
Label (if desired)

Make it
1. Pour the granulated white sugar into the jar.
2. Pour the olive oil into sugar and mix thoroughly until the ingredients are well blended. (I prefer the screw on the lid and shake method to mix my ingredients.)
3. Label the jar as desired.

3. This one I can't live without. I've tried everything - pure shea butter with gloves overnight, L'Occitane, Body Shop butters! I'm so happy I stumbled upon it. I've always had such problems with my hands - dryness, itchy, cracking skin - not now those days are long behind me now that I use Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender Hand Lotion! I apply just before bed everynight and my hands stay nicely moisturized all day!

4.  And my new fav for my hair - Moroccan Oil. A same amount of this warmed between your hands and applied to damp hair gives you amazing results! My hair is so smooth and silky soft!

5. And my last favorite for today - my newest favorite from Etsy. I love the look of these earrings! Very simplistic yet oh so elegant design! Be sure to check out Alibli's shop!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62674566/moon-hoop-earrings-big-sterling-silver


That's all for today. I hope you enjoy my favorites and please, please pass on some of yours!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment