Sunday, January 15, 2012

Just a Sunday

Started the day off with a very cold walk to the park with Floyd.
My ever eager walking buddy! Came home and had a nice hot buttered rum hot chocolate - Yum!
Still no sewing machine so I had to busy myself with other things. Baked a cherry pie - my favorite! I`m worse than Homer Simpson when it comes to pie - just can`t resist! Then I slow-baked some ribs in the oven with a honey mustard sauce and even though I don`t eat meat myself, they looked amazing and my son said they were the best ribs he`s ever had and his girlfriend claimed they were better than Jack Astors! So I`m feeling pretty proud and thought I`d share the recipe -

Honey Mustard Barbecue Baked Baby Back Ribs
2 racks of baby back ribs
1c orange juice
.5 c honey
.5 c yellow mustard
.5 c ketchup
.5 c cider vinegar
2 T worcestershire sauce
1 T soy sauce
1 t of your favorite hot sauce
Preheat your oven to 300 degrees
Arrange the ribs in a large roasting pan. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the ribs, turning the meat once or twice to evenly coat it.  Cover the pan as tightly as possible with foil.
Bake the ribs for 3 hrs. Remove the foil and continue baking for another hour, turning the ribs a few times to baste them.
Arrange the ribs on a serving platter. Pour off any fat that has accumulated with the sauce and pour the sauce over the ribs. Serve and Enjoy!

I threw some whole garlic cloves wrapped in foil in the oven and served the ribs with baked potatoes with roasted garlic and sour cream. And had a side of fresh squash that I had picked up at the market yesterday. Very yummy!

And because I had so much idle time while everything was in the oven, I created a new -
Treasury List
And I did it using Shmetsy.com. Wish I had known about this site months ago - what a quick and easy way to create a treasury and then to notify all of the featured artists at once is a real time saver! And other than that I just tweeked my ads a bit.

So all in all it was a day spent in the kitchen and not my workroom but tomorrow`s another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment