Saturday, January 14, 2012

Virgin Blogger

Ok so as the title would indicate this is indeed my very first blog post! So where to begin.... Well I spent the better part of my day today in salvage mode as my sewing machine is still at the cleaners - well being serviced! Started out at our city market - left armed with a french baguette, fresh Gouda, and some wool roving - can't wait to try my hand at dry felting! I love the colors - so excited!

Next I hit up as many second hand stores as my legs would allow - kind of a disappointing day but I did score a couple of pieces of 100% wool clothing so wet felting will also be added to my list of projects! I did find some great suede pieces but they were a little pricey so I decided to wait for a sale day to pick those up. They were very out-dated, fashion wise so I'm pretty sure they will still be there - fingers crossed!

Being without my sewing machine for almost 2 weeks has at least afforded me time to get my work room cleaned up and organized but, note to self - get a spare sewing machine!!! Must check Kijiji immediately!

Came home and checked my e-mail (as always) - well had to great my furry little loves first!

And while I had no Etsy sales today - darn - I did have a very pleasant surprise in my inbox. One of my bags  was featured on someone else's blog! How cool is that?! I was so completely thrilled!
http://juliemarieshop.blogspot.com/p/sellers-showcase.html
So, of course I visited her shop and just had to share one of her items with everyone.

Gorgeous Wristlet/Zippered PouchI love the colors in this set!! Beautiful!

So all in all a pretty happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment